Image may contain: Pub, Bar Counter, Vigil, Outdoors, Night, Human, Person, People

We’re gonna show you how to get into Lewes Bonfire

Everything you need to know…

Tomorrow is bonfire night – well at least in Lewes it is. The bonfire capital of the world is so famous that people from other countries and all over the UK flock down to this quiet, idyllic, village.

But how on earth are you planning to get there? Don't worry, we got you covered.

Driving

Road closures shall be happening from 2pm onward all throughout the town. There are a total of six different bonfire night associations who shall all be holding their own processions.

If you're a keen bean, hate public transport, or just wanna practice your driving then you could arrive to Lewes super early. But honestly, if you can, then give the car a rest and leave it behind.

Trains

During your weekly travels some of you may have read the notices about the trains this November 4. I hate to break it to those of you who don't already know, but unfortunately there will be no trains stopping at Lewes. This makes the fantasy of a quick train journey down the road just a long lost pipe dream.

Buses

Getting a bus will be one of the best options and they're going to be packed. Authorities are predicting this to be one of the most popular years yet due to the event being on a Saturday.

The buses shall be diverting but you can still use them to get to the fun. Services 28, 29, 29B, 29X and N29 heading towards Ringmer, Uckfield, Crowborough and Tunbridge Wells shall be diverted non stop via the A27 and Cuilfail Tunnel but shall then be serving the first stop in Malling Hill before continuing their normal route.

The Bike Train

It is quite a sight to behold. The Bike Train meets up at different stops all over Brighton to pick up cyclists to pedal down to Lewes. One event has this information:

MEET AT:

– THE LEVEL from 4pm for 5pm departure

– MOULSECOMBE LIBRARY from 5pm for 5.20pm departure

– FALMER HOUSE, SUSSEX UNI, from 5pm for 5.45pm departure

Please make sure you're bike is road worthy and has lights. Mechanics from Brighton Bike Hub will be on hand at The Level and from Free-Wheelers at The University of Sussex to do quick checks, help pump tyres, etc.

ALL WELCOME (suggested minimum age 12yrs, under 16yrs should be accompanied by a responsible adult).

RETURN RIDES FROM LEWES PRISON:

– Meet from 10.45pm for 11pm departure (informal ride)

– Meet from 11.45pm for MIDNIGHT departure (fully supported ride)

– Meet from 12.45am for 1am departure (informal ride)

The key to mastering Lewes Bonfire is to turn up early. You will also be stuck there for a very long time and so it might be wise to pack some supplies. Some Quavers, maybe some tinnys, and a bottle of water.

So wrap up warm, stay safe and prepare for the most lavish bonfire night of your life.

Photo courtesy of David Alves via Flickr