Everything happening in Brighton this October

Your ultimate guide to what events are occurring this month

Freshers' week is over, term has begun and you’re already looking for reasons to skip those torturous 9am lectures. Well, look no further because we’ve brought you a list of the best events happening in Brighton this October.

Vintage fair at Falmer House, Monday 2nd October

Guess what’s back, back again. The vintage fair is taking over Falmer quad with wavy garms that are sure to make you look like a true Brightonian. Open from 11am to 5pm.

Student shopping night at Churchill Square, Wednesday 4th October

Not quite ready to sport harem pants and oversized plaid shirts? Fear not, Churchill square is hosting a student night with discounts and offers at your favourite high-street stores. Admission is free but you’ll need to register for a ticket prior to entry.

Tickets

Chuckle Brothers live at Pryzm, Wednesday 4th October

Chu-chu-chucklevision, chu-chucklevision. Your favourite childhood TV stars are heading to Pryzm to perform their hit song ‘To Me, To You.’ They’re also doing a meet and greet.

Tickets

Disney Singalong at Coalition, Thursday 5th October

You’re never too old for a Disney singalong. Dress up as your favourite character, from Belle to Tarzan, and enjoy £1 drinks all night long.

Love Island’s Alex Bowen at Pryzm, Friday 6th October

Still swooning over last year’s love island finalist Alex Bowen? Head down to Pryzm this October for your chance to party with him. To avoid being mugged off, buy tickets in advance.

Tickets

Viva! Vegan festival, Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October

Based at the Hilton hotel, Viva! Vegan festival will feature lots of great stalls selling amazing vegan food, clothes and gifts. Throughout the day there will also be live cooking demonstrations and workshops detailing the perks of living without animal products. Tickets will be available on the door.

Game of Thrones quiz at East Slope bar, Sunday 8th October

Unlike Jon Snow, maybe you do know something? East slope bar is hosting a GoT quiz with themed cocktails and great prizes (sadly, no dragon eggs). Teams of up to 6 are welcome.

Oktoberfest at the Level, Friday 13th and Saturday 14th October

The world’s largest beer and folk festival is coming back to Brighton. Expect live music, steins full of beer and a huge array of traditional German food. Read more about Oktoberfest here and purchase tickets here.

Gentleman’s Dub Club live at Concorde 2, Friday 13th October

The hit British dub and reggae band 'Gentleman's Dub Club' are back performing at Concorde 2 in October. After a sell-out event in February, be sure to buy tickets in advance to avoid disappointment.

Tickets

Gal Pals: 2nd Birthday at Komedia, Friday 13th October

Love Beyoncé, Rhianna and Whitney Houston? Gal Pals is the perfect night for you! DJ's will be playing nothing but the very best of female fronted pop, hip hop and rock music. Expect lots of glitter too. This event is primarily for LGBTQ women but friends are also welcome!

Seth Troxler live at the Arch, Saturday 14th October

One of dance music’s biggest names, Seth Troxler, makes his long awaited return to the seafront. Playing the best of house and techno music, this event is sure to sell out so buying tickets beforehand is advised.

Tickets

NOT3S live at Shooshh, Monday 16th October

NOT3S will be performing live at Shooshh this October, most well known for his chart hits ‘Addison Lee’ and ‘Aladdin’.

Tickets

Poets, Comedians and MC’s fundraiser at Caroline of Brunswick, Sunday 22nd October

Raising money for the Hummingbird Project, which supports refugees being relocated throughout Europe, this fundraiser will feature a spoken word and stand-up comedy open mic as well as entertainment from local Brighton talent.

Tickets

Love Island’s Kem Cetinay at Pryzm, Monday 23rd October

Is this year’s love island winner, Kem Cetinay, 100% your type on paper? Hoping to discuss a possible rap collaboration with him? You’re in luck as he's participating in a meet and greet at Pryzm this October.

Tickets

Reggie Yates in conversation at St George’s Church, Saturday 28th October

Interested in hearing all about what journalists face behind the scenes? Reggie Yates, who’s travelled to some of the most extreme and dangerous places in the world, will be discussing his new book ‘Unseen: My Journey’ at St George’s Church in Brighton.

Tickets