What’s on in Brighton this June

Say goodbye to exams and hello to the start of summer

As the stressful period of deadlines and exams end, the summer parties and events begin. From club nights to vintage sales and comedy shows, here’s a list of fun events happening in the month of June.

3rd: Gok Wan DJ set at Pryzm

The How to Look Good Naked star will have his own set at Pryzm on Saturday.

3rd: Shabitat £1 Sale

The popular £1 sale is back at Shabitat early this month, with all clothes, shoes and accessories for a mere pound, as well as half price furniture.

6th: Last SKINT of the year at East Slope

With cheap drinks from 8pm, Tuesdays on campus won’t be the same without our favourite student bar. Celebrate the end of exams on the 6th at East Slope’s final SKINT night of the term.

8th: UK General Election screening at East Slope

Open until the early hours of the morning, watch as the General Election votes are counted and results come in with a pint in your hand at the favoured campus bar.

10th: Amaze-ball challenge at Churchill Square

Head down to the promotion court on the lower mall of Churchill Square from 11am-5pm to try your luck at the Amaze-ball challenge. The two player challenge involves guiding a ball through a maze, with winners each getting a spin on the prize wheel to see what reward you’ve won.

11th: Vintage Kilo Sale at the Open Market

Preloved Vintage Wholesale are selling a whopping 6 tonnes of retro and vintage clothing at £15 per kilo this month. Come to the Open Market, grab your bin bag, and get stuffing!

16th: Fleetwood Mac night at Sidewinder

Sidewinder will be hosting a tribute to all things Fleetwood Mac this month. Go your own way on the dance floor in your 70s dress as you tango in the night to the band’s greatest hits, alongside their musical influences and those who they inspired.

17th: Funk The Format Festival

For lovers of soul, funk, hip-hop, disco, reggae and much more, Funk The Format will be an event to mark on your calendar this month. Offering live acts such as Goldie & The Heritage Orchestra Ensemble, Alice Russell and Norman Jay MBE, as well as creative workshops and food and drink, this festival will celebrate all things funk at Hove Park on the 17th.

20th: Rick and Morty Quiz at Patterns

Rick and Morty fans are invited to get schwifty at this quiz night at Patterns. Running from 7-10pm, the quiz promises a £50 bar tab to the winners and a mystery prize for the team with the best name.

21st: Stand Up for Refugees comedy fundraiser

Standup comedians across the UK are performing to raise money for Help Refugees this June, the city of Brighton being no exception. With special guest Dara O’Briain as well as Zoe Lyons, Mark Steel and Shappi Khorsandi, this promises to be a night of hilarity at the Brighton Dome with an excellent cause. Tickets will be £15-£20

24th: Laser Light Show at Pryzm

Pryzm are installing state of the art lasers to light up your life this month.

29th: Book Screening Room at Waterstones

In collaboration with Filmspot Limited, this event will be the second short film screening night held by Waterstones Brighton. With tickets priced at £5 along with a free beer and live music, the book Screening Room will be showcasing the best short films from around the world.