Outdoor gym amongst changes discussed by SEF

If you’ve ever wanted an outdoor gym or a better lit campus, then you might be in luck

You might remember that, back in November, HYPE – a website dedicated to campus change and run by Sussex Estates and Facilities – ran a campaign for, you guessed it, campus alteration ideas.

Well, the results are in.

From a pool of 28 ideas posted between 15th November and 6th December, a total of six suggestions will be taken forward for discussion by the SEF.

These proposals include better policing of disabled parking, improved lighting and CCTV campus-wide, and an outdoor gym.

SEF highlighted two ideas in particular that have proved popular: A call for Falmer House’s moat to be cleaned and filled, with a suggestion for antibacterial hand-wash around the university also singled out by the Estates and Facilities team.

Interestingly, a further five ideas are currently being addressed, and another five have already been completed.

Suggestions for change machines have also been put forward through the Hype feedback forum which has lead to change being available in SEF buildings across campus. Discussions for contactless payments to be introduced are currently underway.

Kyle Farrell, a student who campaigned for the change machines to be installed, told us that he was happy that his concern was heard and urges other students who want to make changes also follow suit and submit a proposal.

Students wishing to find out more about the proposals are encouraged to contact SEF staff at [email protected] You can also visit Hype here