Southern Rail issue a ‘do not travel’ warning for tomorrow

Southern Rail are awaiting a Court of Appeal result

Southern Rail have sent out a press release urging passengers to not travel tomorrow.

Southern Rail are currently awaiting the outcome of a Court of Appeal hearing where they they hope to obtain a injunction against the drivers’ strikes.

The result will be released later this afternoon, however Southern Rail have stated it will be too late to get trains and drivers in the correct positions for tomorrow and services that will be running will be extremely limited.

Southern Rail have therefore told passengers not to travel tomorrow.

Angie Doll, Passenger Services Director for Southern, said: “We hope for the sake of our passengers our application to the Court of Appeal is successful.

“Even if we are able to stop the strikes through the court, services will still be very heavily  impacted tomorrow.

“We will work through the night to try and provide as many services as possible, but we are still advising passengers not to travel as we will not be able to offer a robust service they can rely on.”

“We are sorry but the industrial action by ASLEF leaves us no viable alternative, but be assured we will do all we can overnight.”

Students who are looking to go home tomorrow may have to delay their journey until further notice.