Camden is the easily the best place in London

Did you even Camden if you haven’t had bang bang chicken?

Home of the world famous Camden market, epic cuisine from all over and famous for being the home of some of the best nightlife in the UK, what’s not to love? Here are a few reasons as to why Camden is, undoubtedly, the best place in London.

The street food is amazing 

When life gives you lemons.

Food is of course, the top of the list. Whether you fancy a curry, a Chinese or some good old fish and chips, Camden’s got it all. From liquid nitrogen ice cream at Chin Chin Labs to curries from Masala Zone, you can’t ever call the food in Camden boring. The Bang Bang Chicken stall with the Yoda sounding singing server is a local favourite.

Camden clubs and pubs are the best in London 

Beer garden.

Camden’s music scene is one of the best around and has been the home of many brilliant artists over the years, with Amy Winehouse, Bob Dylan and The Smiths to name a few. Jazz Cafe, Koko and Proud are a few must visit places if you ever find yourself North West of the river. Not a club or pub, but still a much-loved place for drinking is Canterlowes Park. Full of teens after 11pm drinking cheap cider and Smirnoff ice in the cold, it is the perfect place for pre-drinks and post-exam relief.

The Market

Nice spot.

The best place has got to be the one and only, Camden Market. From the neon Goths of  CyberDog to the rockers of The Underworld, the market is the centre for the weird and wonderful people of Camden, and was a perfect place to spend all your pocket money on knock-off shutter shades you thought you needed as a kid. I have a fond memory of spending a tenner on glow in the dark tights for a neon-themed party in year seven. Sidenote: If you don’t find yourself desperately avoiding eye contact with a “rapper” selling his mixtape outside the station, or witness a drunken brawl outside Koko, you’re not doing Camden right

Canal and Camden lock

Pretty.

Chilling by the canal on a sunny day is another perk of Camden Lock.  It’s pretty in summer, occasionally overrun by tourists, but overall a nice way to spend an afternoon. Sitting by the water, watching the world go by or cycling along the canal to Kings Cross or Hackney is also a cheap fun way to see London.

The weird and crazy Cyberdog

Mysterious.

Another Camden classic is Cyberdog.  Crowds of curious people mill around the doors, equally curious. The questions: Should I or shouldn’t I? Why is it so noisy? Will I make it out alive? May cross your mind, but Cyberdog is somewhere everyone should go at least once for a one of a kind experience.

Upon entering you will experience the vibrations of a heavy bass tune by the resident DJ downstairs, endless strobe lighting and neon-clad dancers on the walls; this place certainly isn’t for the faint-hearted. If you ever find yourself in need of some glow in the dark makeup  or find space on your shelf for some glow in the dark sex toys, this place is for you.

People

Chilling with the Mad Hatter

The culture and diversity of Camden is another reason why it’s so great. A place full of various people from different cultures and backgrounds embracing the madness that is Camden Town. You’re bound to encounter a street performer banging some drums or the occasional drunk turned philosopher by the station. Camden embraces and accepts the weird and crazy with open arms.