New Vice-Chancellor Adam Tickell is hosting student drop-in sessions

He’s really looking forward to meeting us all

The University of Sussex’s new Vice-Chancellor, Adam Tickell, will be hosting drop-in sessions for students keen to meet him. The sessions are part of the Vice-Chancellor’s plan to ensure all within the University of Sussex community are heard. Sussex students will be given the opportunity to ask Mr Tickell any questions they may have.

Drop-in sessions have been scheduled for Thursday October 20th from 11:00 to 13:00, and Monday November 28th from 14:30 to 16:30. To visit the VC, students will need to head to the Students’ Union common room in Falmer House at the arranged times, where they’ll be given a 15 minute time slot.

Mr Tickell said of the forthcoming event: “I’m really looking forward to this first drop-in session … Since arriving as Vice-Chancellor back at the start of September my intention has been to listen to as many students as possible and understand more about the many experiences students have at Sussex.”

“Please do come along and talk to me about what’s on your mind – is there something you feel I should be aware of, what thoughts have you got on student life or other brilliant ideas you have for making this the best University we can be.”

The new Vice-Chancellor plans to hold these sessions regularly this year, in a bid to connect and get better acquainted with the university’s students.