Living off Sussex campus is much better than living on-campus

You don’t have the long detour to Asda roundabout on the way home

After staying in Brighton for a few weeks, it’s clear that being on-campus isn’t what it is cracked up to be. While a majority of first years have set up their homes on site, there is a minority who have to take the bus to uni everyday.

But we don’t mind it, and you know why? Because living off campus is much better.

No more detours on the night bus 

All you need to do is walk and you will be home in a flash. Forget the unending journey on the N25, or stepping on vomit. If you lose your friends, you don’t have to do the journey alone for long. You will be back before you can say “fuck the N25”.

Your friends are not just limited to whoever is on-campus

What is nicer than to meet your friends at the pub around the corner, still in your pyjamas and away from the classrooms that you will have to face in the morning? If you are sociable you might even mix up with students of Brighton University.

You are minutes away from the coolest neighbourhoods in town

We’ve all been there when we want a break from the course, the campus excitement, and just to relax. Sometimes when you live, sleep, and breath university you can get so overwhelmed. Living in the city lets you unwind. The Laines are the perfect spot to wander around the shops, and if you want a coffee break you can head to your favourite in minutes.

You will come across events that you weren’t aware of 

Ever heard of the annual Motorcycle event? I’ve heard their engines roar and didn’t miss out on an impressive show of customised motorcycles. You also have a new energy to explore Brighton. A long day studying means you just want to get in bed and not make the effort to go to town. Since living off-campus means you’re halfway they already, so why not find something new?