‘Killer clowns’ have arrived in Brighton

One threatened a group of Eastbourne teenagers with a knife

Creepy “killer clowns” have apparently been spotted around Brighton.

Sussex police have had at least seven reports of clown activity, with more likely going unreported.

Police were called to an incident in Eastbourne on Monday, when a clown threatened a group of teenage girls with a knife.

Inspector Simon Sands, of Sussex Police, said: “We have had five more sinister ones where people have been seen carrying weapons across the county, including one in Hastings where a member of the public was chased by four clowns with what looked like a knife to him.

“Those more sinister incidents will definitely get dealt with and may draw more of our force resources into resolving with those incidents.”

The craze, which started on college campuses in the US, now seems to have spread to UK soil.

The panic comes after a clown was spotted outside of Belfast nightclub Villa last Wednesday night.

In the last week, several people have been attacked by clowns with knives, police forces up and down the country have been making arrests and issuing statements.

Now people are claiming the trend has spread to Brighton, and they’re not amused.

More to follow.