We asked Sussex students what they think about killer clowns

‘You get a lot of odd characters in Brighton, I don’t think anyone would even notice.’

As you may have heard, ‘killer clowns’ have arrived in Brighton. These sightings come as no surprise as the craze has started to spread from its American origins over to the UK.

We took to campus to find out how Sussex students would react if they came face-to-face with the scary scoundrels.

Richard

I think it’s nonsense. It’s a load of shit. I haven’t seen any here, I feel like it would only really happen in America. You get a lot of odd characters in Brighton so I don’t know if anyone would even notice.

Adam

If it happened I think it’s quite funny, but if you’re on your own I reckon it would be kind of creepy. I think it would be revived more openly here.

Florence and Lola

You could get really violent cause it’s really scary! What they’re doing is really dangerous, people would probably beat them up, they’re idiots.

Lynn

I would be so scared, especially if I was my out on my own! I’d run away and scream, maybe even cry!

Julia

I’d be creeped out for sure. I don’t think it would be that surprising in Brighton, nothing would surprise me here.

Johnson

It depends on the location, but it’s more scary in empty places, or at night time. I wouldn’t approach them, it’s not a good idea, you don’t know who they are.

Andrii

It’s stupid. Everywhere would be received the same, I don’t think Brighton would be that different. It’s a big risk, you might find it funny but you never know what the person you’ll scare will do.

Kheelan and Chimba

They could have a weapon, you don’t know. I’d walk away and warn someone if they’re going the same way.

Ben, Gareth, Jason and Jack

If one attacked me, I go bang! They’re fucking creepy man. On Halloween it’s probably gonna be really popular, and if they’re carrying weapons they’re just asking for trouble.

How would you react? Let us know in the poll below