Why going out with the boys is always much better than going out with the girls

There’s just less drama

Although I love a girl’s night out screaming along to Mr. Brightside in the disco room in Pryzm, strawpeedoing VKs, and bitching about people in the toilets, nights out with boys are much better.

They’re always the drunkest nights

If you’re out with the boys and you think they won’t notice that you’re a drink behind them, you’re wrong. Boys can usually drink more than girls which means playing catch up for a whole night can end in a pretty messy fashion. The girl will do at least one dirty pint. Always. No exceptions.

They act as your personal bodyguard

Despite the group mentality to get drunk as possible, they also feel the need to exert their masculinity and look after their female companion. Sometimes the looking after is annoying and unwanted but it’s also very useful. Being with the lads deters unwanted male attention in clubs to begin with, but if someone does get too close, you can bet one of your friends will step in and be your fake boyfriend until the weirdo moves along.

Their drama isn’t serious

There is drama on every night out, it’s unavoidable, but boy drama is fun. Boy drama is arguments over who skipped their drinks round and who saw that fit blonde first. You know on a night out with guys that you’re considerably less likely to end up talking your sobbing friend out of drunkenly calling their ex.

You don’t Snapchat every 10 minutes

Nights out with boys always seem more carefree. There’s no stopping every 10 minutes to take a choreographed Snapchat or all go on a group excursion to the loo. The each man for himself attitude makes the night far more enjoyable than spending half of it looking for someone who’s gone missing or hanging around at the bar because apparently no one can be left on their own.

The freebies

Finally, let’s not forget about the free drinks. I don’t know why boys feel the need to buy me drinks when I’m out with them, but I’m never going to say no to that.