I went back to see if my Freshers’ predictions were true

I didn’t get into a fight with hippies

Before Freshers’ started, I made the bold move to guess just what Sussex would be like. It was a wide range of predictions from hippie bashing to creating a ‘shit-hot band’. I’ve now been here for around a fortnight or so and I would like to revise my previous story.

Moulsecoomb is still a shit-tip

You’ve just got to trust me on this. Don’t say you were never warned.

Not all of my evenings were spent in pubs

However, I did spend most of the week drinking. And most of the time my drinking was done in pubs. And yes, the first place I went in Brighton was the Bath Arms because it is, as I’m pretty sure I’ve already said, The Bath Arms is the best pub in all the history of the world. End of story.

The Albion still aren’t in the Premier League 

*Manic sobbing*

I’ve now gone full mod

My metamorphosis into a fully fledged mod is nearly complete – Weller will be proud. I’ve been to soul all-nighters. I’ve skanked it up hard. All that remains for me is to get myself a Lambretta.

I do get drunk a lot, I just have to study a lot too

You know how I said that I’d be getting drunk and partying a lot? Yup. That definitely happened a fair bit over Freshers’ Week. I had two all nighters and spent nights in Shooshh, Coalition, and The Arch. And Pryzm. And Volks. And Patterns… And the Haunt. I told you I liked to drink. It’s just that Brighton has turned me into a borderline alcoholic.

Halls aren’t that bad

Even the infamous East Slope isn’t that bad. I live in Stanmer and its pretty nice to be honest – even if it does lack in parties. I’ve also been adopted into a flat known as the opium den in Park Village. The flat itself is actually pretty nice, but you see some sights in and around it. The other day we walked past a used sanitary towel. Please please please don’t leave sanitary towels in the middle of the path guys. Just don’t do it. Like ever.

I’m not in the University Challenge team… yet

If I do nothing else at Sussex, I will be on University Challenge. It’s just that I have no idea how to get on, or apply for the team, or anything like that. I’m coming for you Paxman.

I have eaten a lot of pizza

Two for Tuesday’s is great. Really Great. I’m also a fat bastard in case you couldn’t tell.

I didn’t get into any fights with hippies

They just seem quite cool to be honest. I was wrong about the Hippy. Whether they skank with you or share their booze, they seem like a genuinely cool group of people. Sorry Hippies. I love you really.

I’m actually in a shit hot band.

We are amazing and Fatboy Slim will probably want to sign us to Skint immediately. We ‘play’ a mix of Punk, Ska, and whatever the hell we fucking like.

I’m nearly a DJ

Watch this space as DJ Bigbob and DJ Goodtimesgoodtimes are going to take Brighton by storm.

Freshers’ Week was sick

If you went to bed before 1am on any day, you suck. If you didn’t go to Boundary, sucks to be you. Ever watched Craig David from the top of a Ferris wheel? No? I have. Seriously though, Boundary was mental. Gentleman’s Dub Club fucking rocked, Jaguar Skills slayed it, and so did Joy Orbison and Groove Armada’s DJ set was sick.