Sussex is one of the top 20 universities in the UK

The Times have named us ‘best in the South-East’

Sussex is the 18th best university in the UK, according to The Times Good University Guide 2017.

The result continues our top 20 success in national league tables, after ranking 18th in the Complete University Guide and 20th in The Guardian‘s league table.

Meanwhile, the University of Brighton fell to 90th place in the Complete University Guide and came joint 91st with Cardiff Met in The Guardian’s rankings.

The University of Sussex was ranked best in the South East, and also named 5th in the country for best graduate job prospects, with 86 per cent of Sussex students securing graduate-level jobs or studies soon after graduating– the best record in the South East.

Sussex’s Vice-Chancellor, Adam Tickell, said: “This shows that you can have an intellectually exciting university experience and also set yourself up for an enjoyable and fulfilling career.

“At Sussex we believe in both, and we’ve invested heavily in both, so it’s fantastic to see we’re striking the right balance.

“There has been a lot of fantastic work done in nearly all areas of the University to make sure that our students are able to get the very most out of their time with us, and once they leave us. I want to thank everyone here at the University for their efforts.”

The Good University Guide will be published over three days, beginning with a piece in tomorrow’s Sunday Times.