Sussex and Brighton freshers’ 2016 events revealed

We spoke to Rox

Sussex and Brighton are blessed with having the best nightlife out of any university, and so our freshers’ week must be up to snuff. Here at The Tab, we spoke to Rox and asked what us students can expect during our freshers’ for the people who study hard, and party harder.

For those familiar with Brighton nightlife, and many 2nd and 3rd years are, we can see the return of the likes of CU next Tuesday at The Arch, Runway Fridays at Shooshh, and Vida at Wah Kiki.

Rox have hinted at a few of the events they will host during freshers’ and the weeks after. These include:

The Arch – The Sussex and Brighton initiation parties will be held here. Since Sussex and Brighton freshers’ are at different dates be sure to represent your university the best you can. Speaking of which, we can look forward to the battle of the Uni’s that can show off who truly is the best university. There is also a house party and FRAT themed night, a huge Holi paint party, and a McDonalds party with free Maccy D’s

Shooshh – This year, we can look forward to some of the regular events like Rum & Coke (a Dancehall themed night) as well as Brighton’s shot at Twisted Circus . We can also look forward to the Destination themed nights where each month Shooshh will hold themed nights based on locations such as Vegas, Germany, and Spain.

Wah Kiki – The tropical themed club will have events such as a cool foam party, Balloon drop nights and the Frightfest after party which will have cocktails, beer pong, giant Jenga, Shisha, and many more.

Boundary Brighton can also be expected to close Sussex freshers’ on the 17 September. This new festival held in Stanmer Park, which is right next to the Sussex campus, will be collaborating with the clubs in Brighton to deliver 4 unique stages that are synonymous with what you can expect with the respective clubs.

After freshers’, we can expect a lot more. From bouncy castles to jello wrestling, and LED parties to inflatable gladiator fights, there is a lot on offer. Of course we can see the return of the Rox Wristband that some of us may still be wearing from 2015. To the new freshers, these wristbands get us free entry before 11.30pm to the above clubs and heavily discounted after 11.30pm. They also get you heavily discounted tickets at Boundary Brighton and Fright Night festival.

Brighton has also graced by some of the biggest names in music right now, including Stormzy, Jason Derulo, Tinie Tempah, Example, Skream, Benga, Mike Skinner, Lethal B, Jeremih, Tempa T. Live acts are being negotiated as we speak so who knows what could be in store for 2016?

Super early birds are out right now so grab them here, also have a look at Brighton Rox for more information about freshers’ here.