The i360 is rubbish and I’m not the only one who thinks it

If there’s one way to ruin the Brighton skyline, this is it

Now the Brighton Wheel has been taken down (may it rest in peace), the only way you’ll be able to see the city from above is by taking a trip up the i360 when it opens this summer. The construction of the “vertical cable car” has caused an enormous amount of controversy among the people of Brighton. You could say it’s like Marmite: you either love it or hate it, but that would imply anyone on this planet actually loves this 162m beast.

To see if anyone was genuinely excited for the arrival of the i360, we asked the students of Sussex what they thought of the new feature.

“I think it’s fucking terrible. I’m sorry but it is. It’s modern and cool but no.”

“The i360 replacing the wheel in the Snapchat filter is going to look horrific.”

“I just don’t get it. They call it architectural design, but I beg to differ.”

"It's a big ugly pole that needs to be taken down."

‘It’s a big ugly pole that needs to be taken down’

“If it was in London, it would look cool, but it’s out of place among the smaller scale architecture of Brighton.”

“I’m looking forward to see how they light it up in rainbow colours for Brighton Pride.”

“It’s too big. You have to tilt your head all the way back to see the whole thing, which is hardly comfortable.”

“I think it spoils a lovely view and the money could have been put to better use, like renovating the old pier.”

“The i360 is basically the eye of Sauron.”

“Oh what a great photo, wait no, there’s a pole in the way.”

‘What a great photo, oh wait no, there’s a 162m concrete pole in the way’

“It looks like a huge chimney stack, at first when I saw it from the pier I genuinely believed that it was going to be some sort of lighthouse but upon further inspection, I realised it’s a massive eyesore. What a piece of shit.”

“When it’s just the pole it looks shit but when it has the glass pod going up and down it, I think it’ll look alright.”

“As long as I can see my house, I don’t care.”

“It ruins the seafront view, I prefer the wheel. I think they should’ve kept it.”

13282132_1293659027328410_1323703588_n

RIP Brighton Wheel

Well it sounds like everyone can’t wait for it to be finished. I think it’s safe to say the majority of you aren’t too keen on Brighton’s latest landmark.