Sussex in the top 60 UK unis according to students

In our own opinion, we’re pretty great

The University of Sussex is one of the top 60 universities in the UK according to new university rankings voted for by students.

Over 25,000 student reviews on Whatuni.com were considered to put together the new rankings. Sussex came 52nd with a rating of 4.18 out of five.

We lost out to big names such as Exeter and Leeds, who both made the top 10, but still managed to beat LSE, Reading, and Bristol. First place went to Harper Adams University, a specialist agricultural institution. Meanwhile, Brighton bagged 68th place.

The Whatuni league table ranked 125 UK universities, taking 10 categories into account: accommodation, city life, clubs and societies, courses and lecturers, job prospects, student union, facilities, support services and an overall rating.

Student satisfaction across the country has risen this year to an average of 83 percent compared to 81 percent in 2015, but overall job prospects, student support, clubs and societies, and student unions have all seen significant drops in their average score.

You can find the full listings here.