Big Narstie is coming to Sussex

He’s the Original G

He’s one of the bossiest names in Grime and has gone on to become an outspoken political internet phenomenon, with his own clothes label. Now,  Big Narstie is coming to Sussex for a live interview and Q&A organised by I Too, Am Sussex.

Big Narstie first came into the spotlight as a member of grime group NAA in 2003. From there, he signed with Dice Recordings and began making music as a solo artist. Since then, he’s collaborated with big names from Professor Green to Ed Sheeran, as well as the grandfather of garage, Mr Craig David.

His massive laugh (see one of the many YouTube videos of him creasing at random jokes) has gone viral and provides endless entertainment. Undeniably, however, it’s Big Narstie’s unwillingness to be silenced or bow down to the music industry’s normalising standards which make him a fresh, politically charged UK talent.

The talk, which takes place on Tuesday 19 April at 6.30pm in the Chichester Lecture theatre will be based around grime music and mental health.

I Too, Am Sussex is a Sussex society which aims to help students understand the inequalities of race and how these intersect with gender, sexuality and class. Big Narstie’s discussion is one of a whole host of talks arranged by the society. Entrance costs just £2 and is first come first served so get down there sharpish.