Vine star James White is my guilty pleasure

Very cool, very swag, I like it

James Cage White is a 32-year-old Chinese man who posts Vines about his day to day life. He doesn’t sound incredible, but for the last two years I’ve been hooked. What’s fascinating about this lovely man is his brilliant yet baffling grasp of the English language. By mixing modern-day slang with his own peculiar turns of phrase, James isn’t just hilarious, h’s holding a mirror up to how we use language today.

James calls his guitar “handsome”. He finishes every sentence with “very cool, very swag, I like it”. When he speaks, it makes me feel bad for never making much effort to learn a second language myself.  It puts things in perspective about how lazy we can be with learning new languages and how battered and bruised we have left our native tongue. 

James White is a amazing Vine personality with a heart of gold. Not only is he hilarious to watch but he’s a genuine person who has risen up in the world of Vine fame and now has 470,000 followers . He often shares what his aspirations are, that he wants a girlfriend and to make his parents proud. How can you fault such a man?

James regularly sings for his followers in the way a drunken dad sings at a karaoke, both thinking they are very cool (very swag, very handsome). But this is the exact reason I love him, he just doesn’t give a fuck.

As you can see from his Vines, James is merely sharing his life with the world and trying to better his English so he can one day work in America.  His Vines are not overly interesting or eye-opening,  but his narration of his actions makes them 1000 per cent more entertaining to watch.

If you’re wondering who films these Vines for him, it is his mother. An equally as lovely lady who has a cameo in a few of his Vines, singing duets, and conversing with James with how much they love each other (for serious, this guy is amazing).

James Cage White, who’s real name is Cheng Xi, has had plenty of imitators but nothing beats the real thing. James White, in my eyes, has become a cult classic and no one can take that away from him. For that, I salute you James.

You found the hidden James vine….