What other universities think of Sussex students

They’re surprisingly accurate

Sussex University: a quiet little campus in the middle of the countryside, only 20 minutes from one of the country’s most trendy towns – Brighton. But that’s just the story the prospectus wants you to hear. There’s more to life at Sussex, including mouldy houses, seagulls stealing your bagels, and endless activism. We know that, but what do students from further afield think of us? We asked, and we did receive.

Bela from London Metropolitan University, thinks we are a bit unheard of. She said:

You’ve probably never heard of us

“Oscar [a friend who she’s with] hasn’t heard anything about Sussex students, though he did bang a girl from Sussex. It was good. Personally, I didn’t know much about about Sussex, I wouldn’t know where it was if it wasn’t for my one friends there, but Brighton is cool”.

Lucie from Leeds Beckett hit the nail on the head. She said:

The wall hanging is the epitome of posh disguised as edgy

“They’re those posh high achieving students that try and hide it by being super cool and edgy. They love telling people that they live in Brighton.”

Kris, who studies at Edinburgh, came to visit Sussex recently. His suspicions that we were all hippies were confirmed. He said:

“It was fucking cold, even compared to Edinburgh, and was full of hippies.The uni looked nice but  your drinks were really expensive.”

Helena from BIMM in Bristol thinks we are super socialists and super sexy artists. She said:

“In general when I think of Brighton or Sussex students I think of like, sexually fluid artists with great hairdos and nice style. I think of kind of enlightened type of people. Also, passionate socialists”.

Alice, who studies Criminology at laid-back Leicester, reckons we are defined by activism. She said:

Last week saw protesters taking a stand against sexual harassment

“Sussex…I don’t really think people can ever be that happy at Sussex, not unless they’re protesting about something. Seriously, the amount of protests that seem to go on at Sussex is insane.”

Princess  studies English at Swansea, and thinks pretty highly of us. She said:

Students come together to mourn the victims of 2015 terror attacks

“Prestigious Sussex, the posh end of Brighton! Sussex are very switched on, quite driven and consistently smash negative ideas about what quality and ability a small seaside town can produce.”