Sussex is one of the best 25 universities in the UK

Well done us

Sussex has bagged a place in the top 25 UK universities in the latest Times Higher Education European rankings.

Over the whole of Europe, Sussex was the 66th best university, coming ahead of Nottingham and the University of Vienna.

Sussex was also named as the 140th best university worldwide.

Of the five assessed categories, Sussex scored well on international outlook and research influence, placing in the top 10 per cent and 20 per cent worldwide respectively. However, Sussex fared more poorly on research, teaching and industry income. Sussex scored an overall rating of 54.4 per cent.

Elsewhere, British universities dominated the European rankings with 46 entries in the top 200 including seven of the top 10 with Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial College leading the way.

The best listed non-British European Universities were Switzerland’s ETH Zurich, Sweden’s Karolinska Institute and Germany’s LMU Munich. However, worldwide, America proved its force to be reckoned with making up 14 entries of the top 20. California Institute for Technology took the pride of top spot.

800 Universities were included in the investigation and full data can be found here.

The University Brighton was placed in the 600-800 bracket.