Southeastern is officially the worst rail operator in the UK

According to a customer satisfaction survey

A survey by consumer group Which? revealed Southeastern as the worst rail service in the UK, with a customer satisfaction rate of just 46 per cent.

The station came in joint place with Thameslink & Great Northern.

Grand Central (operator in the East Coast Main Line) was in the lead with 79 per cent of satisfied customers.

6,986 travellers took the survey – overcrowding, dirty trains and poor value for money for some of the concerns.

Which? also found that one third of commuters experience delays.

Many commuters are unhappy that they cannot receive compensation unlike other passengers who travel less frequently, because the delay has to be at least 30 minutes but their journeys are shorter than that.

Speaking to the BBC, a Southeastern spokesman explained that a reason for the disruption was the improvement work at London Bridge station: “We’re part way through a £70m investment programme, refurbishing our trains and stations, providing more frontline employees for passengers, improving customer service training and providing more real time information during journeys.”

He said the service was “working hard to improve punctuality and minimise delay”.

We bloody hope so.