Why you should write for The Tab Sussex next term

Be read by thousands before you graduate

We are reaching the end of term, but that doesn’t mean our search for new writers is over. We are always looking to recruit new writers to join our wonderful team.

In November 2015, The Tab Sussex got a whopping 47,000 hits, and across the UK, The Tab is read by more than three million people a month. If your personal blog is looking a bit slow on traffic, why not write for us?

To have your stories read by thousands, sign up and become part of the team.

Amelia Green, deputy editor and proud sex writer

The Tab Sussex are independent from the SU, and we write about the things you want to read about. This means a focus on local, student-based news, because we know that you’ll be hearing enough about foreign policy and national footy already.

Our writing covers anything and everything in the Brightonian student bubble, from campus style to club guides to breaking news. What other paper will tell you what it’s really like to live with housemates from hell?

For more info click here to sign up now.

We cover so much

We strive to be the first to break the latest Sussex and Brighton uni news, and to bring you the best features and argument pieces around. Some have even argued that The Tab is the only place left for a good debate at uni. 

If you fancy writing for us, no experience is required. You don’t need to be a blogger or even want to go into journalism after graduation. If you want something shiny to add to your CV, would like to be read by thousands of people a year, and are up for writing and being part of a team, you’re perfect Tab material.

We take writers from all courses. It doesn’t matter if you’re studying Journalism or Biomedicine: if you want to write, we want to hear from you.

Testemonials

“Working for The Tab should be how every journalist learns from now on. I went from knowing nothing to knowing all the right people and getting into the national papers in a matter of months.” Liam Evans, ex-Editor.

“I started writing for The Sussex Tab when it first started running. Within a week, I’d published my first story and been read by thousands of people. Within a month, I was promoted to News Editor, and I’ve been Head Editor for nearly a year now. One of my articles about Croydon being the worst hometown went viral multiple times, and has had over 100,000 views. By writing for The Tab, I’ve been read by more people than I ever could have imagined. Joining is great because you don’t need experience, you get help from trained journalists, and you get to attend awesome training days . Working for The Sussex Tab landed me my first journo work experience at The Tab National in London. I’ve also bagged a discounted place on an NCTJ course because of The Tab.” Sarah George, Head Editor.

Sometimes pugs are involved

“I’d been able to cover a range of political events for The Tab during my undergrad, from EDL marches to student protests. When I decided to pursue journalism as a career, Tab HQ were extremely helpful. Jack Rivlin (founder of The Tab) went so far as to be one of my references when applying for my MA in Newspaper Journalism at City University. I’ve been accepted onto the course.” Christopher Marchant, ex-writer.

“Writing for the Tab gives great opportunities. As well as being a great way to share my opinions on subjects I feel passionate about, it has also given me an opportunity to dabble in journalism, with a couple of my articles ending up on the National Tab (which can even sometimes lead to stories going through to national newspapers!). It’s also great to know that I can put it on my CV, as it is an established publication, noticed by many employers.” Amelia Green, Assistant Editor.

New writer Charlotte Grant got a whopping 17,000 reads on her first article within a week.

Tab Alumni go on to work for companies like  Buzzfeed, The Evening Standard and The Huffington Post, or to study at top universities like City.

If you’re interested in writing for us (and who wouldn’t be?) click here to sign up. 

If you would like any more information, send a message to [email protected].