Brighton Color Run attracts hundreds

It’s called ‘the happiest 5k on the planet’ for a reason

brighton charity color run sussex university of sussex

The highly-anticipated event landed in Brighton on Sunday for its final rainbow race of the season.

After touring the US, Australia, and the rest of the UK, this year’s Brighton Color Run attracted hundreds of runners of all ages and abilities.
cr1

Although The Color Run came to Brighton relatively recently in 2013, the event has been a sporting highlight across the globe for many years. The franchise aims to promote charities and raise funds for good causes, all whilst encouraging positivity, healthiness and individuality.

Starting at 11am, the race followed a seafront route, starting at Brighton Marina and looping back again after reaching the pier. Volunteers from the race’s official partner charity, NSPCC, manned the ‘color zones’ every kilometre of the way, dousing runners in orange, pink, green and purple powdered paint.

Crowds of runners lined the streets

Hundreds of runners excitedly lined up to begin the race, most in pristine white shirts, but you could also see colourful tutus, glittery skin-tight morph suits and even bridal gowns.

After victoriously crossing the finish line, color runners kept the atmosphere buzzing at the Finish Line Festival with timed colour throws, DJs, opportunities to catch some free goodies being thrown from the stage, and even a giant game of crowd volley ball.

The event was also a big hit with students too.  Ryan Hinton, who studies at Sussex, said: “There was so much paint! The race was incredible, the atmosphere was great, and I’d definitely do it again next year”.