Sussex police appeal for information after a woman is raped in Revenge

Contact them if you have any information about this man.

Club Revenge has a rep as one of the biggest and best LGBTQ+ bars in Brighton, and is home to some of the most fun student nights out around.

But some more sinister news about the award-winning venue emerged this week.

Sussex police have announced a woman was raped in Revenge on January 6th.

She reported the incident two weeks later, and although officers have spent months tracking down people who were in the area that night, they have yet to find the culprit.

Police recovered CCTV footage of the man, who appears to have dark, short hair, a little facial hair, and was wearing jeans and a dark hooded jacket on the night of the 6th.

Do you know this man?

Detective Constable Vicky Lofts said: “Although it has been several months since the victim was raped, we are no less determined to identify and arrest the man responsible.

“We need to speak to the man in the CCTV as he could have important information about what happened.

“We would also still like to speak to anyone who was in Revenge on 6 January who we have not yet spoken to and who saw something happen inside Revenge that they did not think was appropriate.

“If you know who he is or where he is, please contact us.”

You can contact the Sussex police by email at [email protected] quoting serial 1122 of 16/01, or by calling 101.

An independent charity called Crimestoppers is also accepting anonymous calls regarding this incident on 0800 555111.