Suits you sir: Brighton Fashion Week returns

What have they got up their sleeve?

Brighton Fashion Week launches for the tenth time this evening.

Labeled “Europe’s number one Fashion Week for breakthrough international designers”, the designers and models have a vested an interest in making this year bigger and better.

With the first event today, and going through until Sunday, the team at Brighton Fashion Week have fabricated created a fabulous schedule for us.

And if you’re not already bursting at the seams with excitement, if you use this code ‘bfw1072’ you can get 20% of tickets for all their events on their website.

EVENT SCHEDULE

The Sustain Debate

10th October
3:30pm – 4:30pm

A panel of key influencers including Caroline Lucas, Carrie Somers Head of Fashion Revolution and a participating audience will debate on ethics and sustainability in the fashion industry.

The Sustain Catwalk Show

10th October
£14
6:30pm
The Old Ship Hotel, Kings Road

Following the debate, the ‘sustain’ show showcases the designers and practitioners that combine innovative fashion design and ethical thinking.

Brighton is a city that overflows with morality and strong ethical values, making it an ideal setting to unveil collections designed to test the boundaries of sustainable fashion as we know it.

The Zeitgeist Catwalk Show

10th October
£18
9pm
The Old Ship Hotel, Kings Road

Zeitgeist is the here and the now, showcasing breakthrough designers.

This show proves originality is not an unobtainable thought. It takes more persistence and a fresher outlook to explore limitless creativity.

The Fashion Market

11th October
10am – 7pm
The Open Market

A pop up fashion market set in the historic Open Market’s newly covered square, offering you the chance to pick up one-of-a-kind originals from up to 40 talented designers and artists across a range of disciplines.

The Fashion Market offers a laid back festival vibe with live music, art, instillations and food, supporting the small business owners of Brighton.

ShowReel

12th October
£20
6pm & 8.30 pm (repeat shows)
Sussex Masonic Centre, Queens Road

Combining the traditional performance space of a fashion collection with the concepts and thought processes of stage costume.

ShowReel will be the dwelling of costume designers seeking to transform their creations onto the catwalk.

ShowReel is a spectacle of eccentric individuals, developed characters, and bold statements, practically unfit for everyday wear

For more from The Tab, like our Facebook or follow our Twitter.