Sussex breaks into top 20…just MONTHS after The Tab launches there

Coincidence? I think fucking not

Sussex is now the 17th best university in the UK, according to the Times Good University Guide.

Those with their eye on the ball will notice that we have gone up six rankings since the launch of The Tab in December 2013.

We’re not saying it’s necessarily directly a result of our journalistic prowess, but it probably definitely is.

If anyone’s interested, the press office is also very keen for us all to know that we are also “fourth out of the 17 universities in South-East England.”

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that Brighton also offers the best night out in the South of England. Priorities, everyone. Priorities.

17th and fackin’ praaaaad

The meteoric rise in Sussex’s fortunes is being attributed to several factors, including 82.1% student satisfaction, world leading research quality, 76.1% graduate prospects and 76.3% of students gaining either a first or a 2:1.

Although little more than 50 years old, the university can count three Nobel prize-winners among its alumni, and we are all encouraged to overlook the fact that Frankie Boyle once studied here.

Sussex is also planning to grow by 50% by 2018 – because we can’t all be showers.

The guide also commends the university’s good relationship with neighbouring Brighton University.

The unis have been intertwined since they opened a joint medical school in 2003, which is split between the Royal Sussex County Hospital and the two universities’ Falmer campuses, and since the invention of Tinder.

Sussex has also been congratulated on reviewing all of their courses since the significant rise in tuition fees – although they have decided that Film Studies is a real degree subject.

Another perk is that the campus is located within the newly created South Downs National Park, with excellent transport links into town – despite the fact it sort of constantly smells like cow.

And not a dead ram in sight

It has been noted that Brighton is very expensive without the additional loan enjoyed by student sin London, but food and drink in the union is cheaper than anywhere else in the known world, and their nachos will make you see life through a new lens.

Sussex particularly excels in the Arts and Social Sciences, ranking joint third in American Studies, fifth in Architecture and Design, sixth in Social Work, eighth in Anthropology and Social Work, ninth in Communication and Media studies and 10th in Drama, Dance and Cinematics.

Vice Chancellor Michael Farthing said: “We’ve got big, ambitious plans for this year and beyond, which we hope will see us firmly and consistently ranked in the UK’s top 20, where we belong.”

Drama and Film second-year Joe Egan said: “Nice to see Sussex in the top 25. Must be the quarterly figures.”

Let us know your thoughts on the rankings in the comments below. Who knows, if they’re strong enough we might even make fun of you.