‘Oh Guns Of Brighton’ – Clash Between Armed Man and Police Leads To Arrest

A 34 year old man has been arrested in Brighton on suspicion of ‘possession of firearm with intent to cause fear of violence’.

arrest brighton gun gunman lewes road police

Armed officers responded to a report yesterday at 2.17pm after the man was seen entering a house above Lewes road’s One Love Headshop.

The officers who were armed with guns, shields and vests surrounded the property as traffic was diverted away from the Lewes Road gyratory system causing major road congestion and disrupted bus services.

With the area secure from the public, the officers entered the house.

The man was secured by 5.15pm and arrested with no shots fired or injuries reported.

The man remained in custody on Monday evening during which time specialist search officers conducted a full check of the property with no other items of suspicion currently known to have been found.

Detective Superintendent Steve Black, who led the operation, thanked the public for their “patience and co-operation” and insisted that the “significant disruption” was essential while “this sensitive incident was brought to a safe conclusion.”

Normal traffic flow was restored by 6pm to the elation of Brighton and Hove Buses.

“This is the most exciting day in B&H Buses’ History”

For more from the Tab, like our Facebook and follow our Twitter.