Ideas for things to do on Valentines Day

5 ideas for couples & 5 ideas for the single folk.

| UPDATED couple day ideas lonely single valentines

Whether you love it or loathe it, if you’re so single you have ready meals for one every night or if you’re so in love it makes everyone else want to hurl, V-day is finally upon us. It’s crept us on us, and left myself and I’m sure many others clueless as to what to do.

Loved up? You don’t want to go for the cliché, you can’t do something that screams “I’m a twat and came up with this 5 minutes ago, but please still have sex with me today”, and if your bank balance were a person it’d be crying. Single? You just need ways to convince yourself that you’re not the lamest human alive for 24 hours.

Without further ado, here are my top 5 V-day ideas for both couples and singles.

COUPLES:

1. Give a card. If you won’t give your valentine a card, there’s a high probability you’d be better off having a date with your hand instead. As for the card itself, you live in BRIGHTON, so this can’t be any generic hearts/glitter/poetry/teddy fest. Here are my best picks from the Laines.

2. Give chocolate. I’m not talking Ferrero Rocher here: Go all out and check out Choccywoccydoodahs in town. Your girlfriend will be indebted to you indefinitely. Sex= guaranteed.

3. Go to the cinema. Shun the Odeon because the Duke of York cinema on Preston Circus offers cosy 2 seat sofas and a swanky bar service to really make going to the movies classy. Sex= guaranteed.

4. Go to tea. Less conventional, but there are no shortage of great teahouses in town, and if you’re dating someone with vintage taste, sex=guaranteed.

5. Get really, really drunk. If all else fails, It’ll be a bonding experience, promise.

SINGLES

1. Get really, really drunk. Cliché yet possibly still your best option, I’m afraid. Rum will always love you.

2. Buy your date. You read that right, Sussex RAG are auctioning off guys and girls this week to raise money for charity. You, desperate? Never…

3. Dares. Gather your single friends, see number one on this list, and hit up a club armed with dares like “get a free round by seducing the bar staff”.

4.  Stay in. Yes, it’s lame, but V-day is just another out of 365. Besides, you can spend the money you saved from staying in on going to Carnage’s playboy night on Monday 17th- it’s a win-win.

5. Play flappy bird. Face it, you’re probably doing it already.