4 student drinking games you’ve probably never heard of

Thirsty? Beer pong a bit too mainstream? Why not try a new drinking game.

| UPDATED beer pong drinking games never have i ever

Tired of ‘Ring of Fire’ and know each other’s dirty secrets way too well to play ‘Never Have I Ever’? You’ve come to the right place, friends. Let the games begin.

Sauce Pong

Not your typical Ping Pong.

You will need: 2 or more sauce/frying pans, 1 or more ping pong balls, a large area away from sharp or fragile objects.

How to Play: It’s like ping pong, without the bats. Drink every time you miss a ball, play a bad throw, or get the ball inside your saucepan! The more you play, the worse you get, and the worse you get…

Sauce Pong Championships Brighthelm 2014

Truths of Hell

Turn ‘Never Have I Ever’ on its head.

You will need: 3 or more players, a deck of cards, a bottle, a drip tray for all your sweat, sweatbands, towels etc.

How to Play: Start with a player and spin a bottle, ask the victim to pick a card and then ask them the corresponding truth, 2 being the lowest, or the easiest truth e.g “what’s your favourite colour?”, an ace being the highest, or harshest truth. This card requires maximum effort and all players must ask a question to the chosen one e.g “what is the closest you’ve ever come to cheating on your girlfriend?” (Preferably with her also sitting around the table). Drink every time you don’t answer a question…

Reactions to your Ace answer…

Battleboard

The version of ‘Ring of Fire’ that burns you more calories than the badminton society you joined and never turned up to.

You will need: 3 or more players (the more the merrier). A large sheet of paper, a coin/bottle top, inexpensive clothes, your asthma inhaler.

How to Play: Take your large sheet of paper, or the back of a club poster, and divided into 20 sections with a rule from ring of fire in each. Include new rules: ‘Gecko’ – when the coin lands at least three limbs must be on the nearest wall, last to do so drinks. ‘Get Down’ – when the coin lands every part of one’s body must be on the floor, last one drinks. ‘Cup Hands’ – the player who landed on this box must have their hands cling-filmed to their cup/can until the box is landed on again. And finally, ‘Toilet Race’ – when the coin lands it’s a race to the furthest toilet from the game area, second to last player does a shot, last does two.

DangerCan

The stupidest fucking game ever; not for the fainthearted.

You will need: 2 or more players, an extremely shaken up can of a beverage of your choice, an outdoor area away from any small children or animals.

How to Play: All players stand outside in a circular position, each takes turn to smash the shaken up can on their foreheads, whoever is the first to break the can must drink the entire contents through the breakage area.

Nothing says shame quite like a fluorescent forehead and a crusty beard