16 iMacs stolen off Sussex campus!

Thefts on campus lead to Police Investigation.

| UPDATED apple campus computers imac stolen theif

It’s hardly Midsummer Murders, but Sussex Police have announced this week that they are currently investigating the theft of a whopping £15,000 worth of iMac computers which were stolen from Sussex University’s media department last Monday.

A cleaner discovered the computers missing on the following morning, Tuesday, 28th January, and it is believed that the theft took place between 5:45 pm and 9:30pm the previous night.

The theft follows a similar incident during which computer equipment including Apple brand goods was stolen from the University of Brighton just 13 days earlier.

DC Moore of Sussex police is urging “anyone who may have noticed suspicious people, vehicles or activity on the university campus on that Monday evening, or who may have information concerning the computers’ whereabouts” to get in touch by calling 101 or emailing [email protected] and quoting serial  290 of 28/1 for Sussex Uni or 244 of 14/1 for Brighton Uni.

In the meantime, the students affected are outraged. Amber Louise Roberts, a BA Media student studying at Sussex Uni finds it “really upsetting that someone could do this.”  She had this to say regarding the theft:  “It has affected how we are being taught each day as we are a class room down. To the thieves it’s a few thousand pounds but to me and the rest of the students it’s our degree…I just hope they catch the culprits soon”

Hold onto your laptops for dear life, is all the Tab can say.