A letter from the editor

Get involved, we know you want to

| UPDATED join sussex tab

Hello. My name is Liam, I’m a 2nd year student at Sussex Uni, and editor here at the Sussex Tab. We decided just before Christmas to set up a Tab down here, and presumably if you’re reading this you have heard about us.

Because we can

Our first ever article reached over 20,000 readers, and it’s growing dramatically (The Tab now gets over 1.3 million viewers a month). Before this, I had never had a single piece of work experience involving anything to do with journalism and now, I have a fancy job title that people are genuinely rather impressed with; and job opportunities at Buzzfeed, Huffington Post, The Sun, The Daily Mail, The Times and The Guardian.

The rest of the team are made up of students, all doing varying degrees, all with little or no experience in journalism before The Tab. Now however, their CVs look rather flashy, as they are part of a national paper with sites at 35 UK uni’s. More than that, thousands of people read what you have to say.

Thousands of people will see this picture of a dildo #lol

The Tab in general has a fantastic track record of helping people into work after university. Regardless if you’re a lefty, a righty or if you don’t give a shit either way, a job at a newspaper is what many of us aspire to, and we can help you get it.

Many of our stories make the national papers and you get to meet and interview celebrities that wouldn’t normally touch a student newspaper, including Jay-Z, Lily Cole & the one and only Lembit Opik.

Could have shown you a picture of Jay-Z with the Tab. But this is so much better

The point of all this is to encourage you to get involved, and to point out that we aren’t a team of scary corporate journalists, just a bunch of students having a laugh, writing fun and interesting articles.

We also get to interview models

The experience is invaluable. We are unrestricted, totally self run and you can write as much or as little as you like on any student related topic you fancy, or even take up an editorial job.

So give it a chance, give us an email at [email protected], get in contact via our Facebook page or pop along to our weekly meetings at East Slope Bar at 6 o’clock on Mondays. Don’t be shy!

And you’ll get a free T-shirt – need I say more?

Lots of love, Liam and the rest of Sussex Team x