Imperial ranked in top 25 universities in the World

We’re fourth in the UK too

The Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine has been ranked as the 22nd best university in the world.

The university was voted 26th in the world in mid 2010 by the Shanghai Rankings, and has been on an upwards trajectory ever since. Imperial is now fourth overall in the UK, behind Cambridge at first, Oxford second, and UCL third.

With a wide-variety of courses ranging from Mathematics to Life-Sciences, and recent breakthroughs in physics and clinical science, its no wonder that the University has scored so highly once again.

The Telegraph voted the Medical School seventh in the UK, while the Times’ Higher Education University ranking rated Imperial the third best in Europe and ninth in the World.

The President, Professor Alice Gast, said: “Imperial has a rare ability to turn understanding research into discoveries that have a real impact on the world. With notable alumni including: the author H.G. Wells; astrophysicist and singer-songwriter Brian May; and Alexander Fleming,  the scientist responsible for the discovery of Penicillin, it’s not hard to see why the university is still doing so well.”