Strathclyde ranked a painful 249th in world rankings

What have we done to deserve this?

Strathclyde has dropped 3 places to 249th in the QS University Rankings. 

Embarassingly, we’ve been beaten by our old rivals Glasgow University who came in at a slightly more respectable 67th place.

But it’s not all bad news. The uni has maintained an overall increase in position since 2013 where Strathclyde ranked a dismal 257.

University_of_Strathclyde_Campus

Positively, Strathclyde has also been awarded 5 stars by QS which are based on 8 different qualities; research, teaching, internationalisation, specialist criteria, employability, facilities, innovation and inclusiveness.

Strathclyde’s overall score was an average 47.50 which was made up of academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty student, international faculty and international students. Our highest scoring of these categories was faculty student at 85.9 followed closely by international faculty at 73.8 and encouragingly employer reputation at 69.5.

strathqs

On a better note, Strathclyde scored 51-100 in pharmacy and pharmacology and ranked 168 in the engineering and technology faculty.

Lets not forget that according to the complete university guide and times and the Sunday times good university guide 2015 we were ranked 1st for accounting and finance in Scotland and 2nd in the UK.

In our defence, Strathclyde is a relatively young uni having only been given University Status by Royal Charter 1964. Meaning it’s likely the rankings will be increase as the University gains experience with age.

For those not interested in academic statistics Strathclyde boasts over 120 clubs and societies as well as almost 50 sports teams. This year we were runner up for the Diversity Award by NUS.

Strathclyde also has one of the largest unions in Scotland as well as being voted the best students association in Scotland by NUS in 2014.

We’ve got the beauty now all we need is the brains. Better luck next year Strathclyde.