Strathy is the best uni in the UK for Accounting and Finance and Medical Technology

Very niche

Clever Strathclyde has been ranked number one for Accounting and Finance and Medical Technology.

We’ve also ranked a respectable fifth out of universities in Scotland.

The Complete University Guide 2016 also puts us at 35th in the UK.

strathclyde uni x

However, with a distinctly average score of 4.02 for student satisfaction it’s clear that there’s more work to be done.

Slow and steady wins the race, as overall we’ve climbed three places from last year to score a modest 38th in the UK.

The outlook of the uni looks very promising with Strathclyde scoring in the top ten of subjects such as Pharmacy and Pharmacology, Chemical Engineering, Architecture, Marketing and Communication and Media Studies.

Gary Paterson, USSA President, commented: “We’re pleased with the trends of Strathclyde’s league tables, which comes off the back of a good research score which is good news for students and staff.

“However student satisfaction levels could be higher and we have been working with the university to ensure that it is prioritising and building on the student experience.”

“League tables can only get you so far. They often provide a general top level view. We are always keen to ensure that we aren’t just focusing on the charts and figures but also focusing on the experiences of individual students not captured in these figures. We encourage students to raise those experiences through their reps and into the uni.”

To have your voice heard take part in The National Student Survey by 30th April.

Regardless Strathclyde have performed exceptionally, ranking highly and brushing off any remaining stereotypes of the University in its stride.

Good job guys. We bleed maroon.