Curly Coo clueless as cretins steal prized painting

‘I just couldn’t imagine who would have done such a thing’

bar crime curly coo stirling stolen theif town

Shocked staff at the Curly Coo were appalled last week when they discovered a prized painting had been stolen from their gents toilets. 

The Curly Coo, a cosy pub on Stirling’s Barnton Street, is popular among students and locals alike. The staff are warm and receptive, and the atmosphere is as friendly as anywhere.

But on Tuesday the 10th of March someone knicked a priceless picture that once delighted all who entered the men’s toilets.

The Curly Coo is popular among students and locals alike

The well known proprietor of the Curly Coo, Mandy, was gutted when during her routine clean of the men’s toilet she discovered that the picture was gone from where it once proudly hung.

Speaking to The Tab, Mandy said: “I was very saddened that someone would do that, I have such lovely customers.

“I just couldn’t imagine who would have done such a thing. It brought much pleasure to Coo gents and me when I cleaned. It’s been hanging on the wall for over a year!”

The Curly Coo’s priceless picture

The picture has been missing for over a week, but Mandy remains hopeful of its return. Addressing the thief on the Curly Coo’s Facebook page, Mandy joked: “You’ve had a loan of my picture for one week- now its time to return it please.”

She continued: “Someone somewhere knows it’s whereabouts. Just drop it into one of the shops close by – to avoid the wrath of the Coo.

Anyone with any information is encouraged to contact Mandy on the Curly Coo Facebook page or alternatively, email [email protected].