Watch the blackface footballers angrily confront locals outside Cape

The uni has launched an investigation

If you were wondering how the football team’s blacked up costumes went down with locals, here’s your answer.

The lairy phone footage shows members of Stirling University FC confronting locals outside local bar Cape asking “How is this racist?”.

The video comes as the university and SU said they have launched an investigation.

The video shows the locals branding the players “racist” and one of the footballers aiming a kick for the man who is filming.

A local who captured a second video said: “We confronted two members of the team outside Cape, called them out on their behavior, took photos of them and basically told them they were going to be in a lot of bother for it.

“Things got loud and more members of the team left Cape. Upon exiting Cape, one member of the team then swung for my friend to try and knock his phone out his hand as he was filming the whole thing.

“What happened next was an extended confrontation near the top of Friars Street, where a member of AirTv was also there to film it, his phone was knocked out of his hand by the same man who tried to attack my friend.”

The club have come under fire for their African Cup of Nations themed social which saw 30-40 members paint themselves black for the event.

The university today said they had launched an immediate investigation. They said: “The University of Stirling has been made aware of incidents involving a number of students on the night of Thursday 5 February and an investigation has been launched with immediate effect.

“The University and the Students’ Union are committed to promoting equality and diversity, through a range of policies, procedures and initiatives, and believe all staff, students and members of wider society should be treated with dignity and respect.

“The University treats issues relating to racism with the utmost seriousness and will respond robustly to any behaviours that do not meet with our values and expectations.”