Ex-LGBT Pres caught out lying in Brig

Take note – we take notes

| UPDATED amnesia brig correction LGBT michael president stirling student wilson

Michael Wilson was caught out last week telling porkies in an article for Brig.

In an apparent bout of amnesia, Michael made a string of comments criticising the Tab and his recent association with them following an article about him clashing with the Union over the LGBT society.

Brig’s eagerness to print the article meant they didn’t give the Tab the right to reply

Michael claimed: “Firstly, the Tab came to me. They basically said they’d heard this from somebody, they didn’t hear this from me or any of my members.”

Oops…

This was just the beginning of Wilson’s confused rant, in which he continues to criticise the Union whilst retracting previous comments he made to The Tab.

Sneaky Michael’s strange behaviour was further evident as he tried to meet with the Tab discretely and keep as much information as possible to spoken word.

Strange behaviour…

And in a brief interview with Brig, Michael used the student paper to claim The Tab twisted his words, he said: “Yes, I am responsible for talking to The Tab, I chose to do that, however The Tab have twisted my words”.

Unfortunately for forgetful Michael, much of what The Tab quoted had been said online, rather than just in person.

This showed that The Tab had not twisted his words, but instead quoted them.

Shots fired

In his confused state, Michael told Brig:”I don’t think they’re [the union] intentionally trying to come down hard on the LGBT society.” This contradicts previous statements where he claims the Union have been “giving a smile to my face, and sticking a knife in my back.”

Maybe it was a friendly knife?

Private conversations that The Tab can now reveal show many of Wilson’s previous comments. Including striking accusations about progressive Union President Amy McDermott and Stirling’s Liberation Officer, Jade Love.

Since his amnesia started, Michael has also distanced himself from comments he made regarding SUDS- the University’s drama society- and in one private conversation caused his own drama as he accused The Tab of making the comments up entirely, despite them being visible online.

Michael has distanced himself from comments made about SUDS, despite the majority of his comments being made online.

In a comment on The Tab’s website, the SUDS president clarified: “The arrangement which Mr Wilson is referring to is an agreement between ourselves and The Union which has the go ahead from all the proper authorities- which is in no way the same as the one he is facing with the LGBT+ society.”

In a closing message to Wilson, The Tab offered him an opportunity to correct any perceived errors in the article

In a conclusive message to Wilson, The Tab offered an opportunity for him to voice any concerns he had about the article. Michael declined.

The reasons for Wilson’s sudden change of heart aren’t clear, and probably never will be, as he recently resigned as president of the LGBT society following his altercation with the Union.

Michael told The Tab: “I stepped down as President last week so the society could turn over a new leaf and so the society can move on.”

Well there you have it.

Michael Wilson stepped down as president of LGBT following a row with the Union over policy