Rugby boys strip for mate Connor Hughes

The guys got bollock naked for quadriplegic teammate

Last night in Cape showcased an abundance of fake tan, whipped cream and scantily clad rugby boys, auctioning off their services for the night. Not your usual night in Stirling, but certainly an entertaining one.

The Stirling Uni Rugby Slave Auction for Connor’s Journey (www.connorsjourney.com) was a shameless success, raising over £1000 and breaking rugby auction bidding records at £155. (For a trio of steaming rugby boys? Alright.)

Gregor Cursiter and Adam Torbett were our hostesses with the mostesses and carried the night well, successfully encouraging the ladies of Stirling to bid high on the slaves.

One bidder, Emily Jamison, a third year Journalism student didn’t anticipate that so many other girls would want to bid on her boyfriend and his two fellow slaves:

“I didn’t expect to have to pay £155 for my boyfriend and two other lads, once it got to about £90 myself and the Gaelic club thought we should pull out! But then more people kept telling us they would help out, so eventually it got to about £150 and we couldn’t go anymore but then we managed to pay £155.

That’s one pricey boyfriend

“Probably shouldn’t have paid that much but it’s all for a great cause! It was really competitive but fun, and the lads were really great sports with some hilarious dance acts!”

The £1000 going towards the already fantastic £20,000 raised will help bring Connor Hughes closer to the £25,000 goal, which will allow him to travel to the US and undergo rehabilitation at Project Walk.

Co-host Adam Torbett aptly summed up the night: “Great night, even greater cause! Thank you to everyone who showed up!”