The Tab guide to a successful night out in Stirling

There’s nothing quite like it…

clubs dusk fubar night out stirling stirling university tab guide town

Stirling as a night out is an experience. Gather your friends from Edinburgh and Glasgow because they will never have had a night like it.

There are a few ways to make it unforgettable- depending on how many bucky-bombs you consume in dusk of course.

One too many bucky bombs and your night may be over before it’s even begun

Getting ready

For girls this starts waaaay in advance, look around on Tuesday and Thursday lectures to find fellow students in hoodies to cover the fake tan faces which is seeping into their skin as a way of kick-starting getting ready hours in advance.

But once the evening commences and you are finally ready, you’re probably running at least a half hour late by the time you arrive at your pre-drinks destination.

People may just opt to skip lectures all together

Pre-drinks

Yes, Ring of Fire will be played millions of times, and the only thing more predictable than the inevitable game of ‘Never Have I Ever’ is the answers that all your mates will give.

Don’t be afraid to mix up those popular chart songs with some Ricky Martin classics; do this after you’ve been drinking a while- it will turn into a full dance party of 80’s classics, and it will be beautiful.

When the party gets restless and you decide which club to go to, make sure you stop by Katie’s Bar. Be brave and squeeze through the crowd of middle aged locals to get to the shot bar.

Order shots for friends (pick the minging ones for them) and have a nice one for yourself, you’ve earned it after turning a blind eye to that man with the combover who almost certainly tried to grope you.

Make sure you have enough booze, you don’t want a night out in Stirling sober

The Clubs

Now for that age-old Stirling question. Fubar or Dusk? – because 24 Below is never worth the trip into Bridge of Allan.

Hard to argue with Fubar

It’s the ultimate question as you’re met by the sober students handing out discount cards. Either it’s a short totter over the road to Fubar or if you decided to brave heels it’s a stagger up the hill to Dusk.

Never wear a coat, even if its freezing- it takes less time to get out again and you will forget about it. And if you’re going to dusk on a Tuesday never wear grey, it’s a sweat-fest, just don’t do it.

Try not to get stuck to the dance floor

Dance the night away in either club and have as many jagerbombs as you like- who cares about the 9am seminar you have tomorrow? That’s why they invented paracetamol.

And when you’ve stumbled back to your flat or halls carrying your friends and your shoes like a war veteran coming home, end the night with a dominoes and pass out on the sofa. That is, of course, the Stirling way.

Good job guys