Stirling uni app ‘as useful as a bout of chlamydia’

Stirling unveil their second attempt at entering the 21st century

| UPDATED app bus times listen again mstir phone safe taxi scheme smartphone stir stirling university study @ stirling

They keep trying to get it right – and yet they’re still so so far.

Stirling University recently launched its new app called Study@Stirling, their second attempt following on from the mstir app released last year.

The new study @ Stirling app

The new app is designed for people considering studying at the university, with lists of undergraduate and postgraduate courses as well as information on funding and dates of open days.

The only features on the app that would benefit a current Stirling student are the bus times, weather news, sports feed and Macrobert screening times.

The app also has a bus timetable, for those people forever left running behind them

But some are warming to the “Free PCs” feature on the app. Third year Law student Kieran Docherty said: “It’s handy if you want to get a computer in the library or labs because it tells you exactly how many are available so you don’t have to awkwardly wander around looking for one.”

You can use the app to solve the age old student problem of computer finding

Katy Sharpe uses the app frequently for listen again: “And it’s quite handy for bus times.”

Fresher Isla Buchanan agrees on the benefits of the listen again feature, but isn’t convinced the app is an asset to every Stirling student. She said: “It’s good for listen again. Don’t know about anything else on it.”

But third-year Jack Buchanan said: “It’s about a helpful as a good bout of chlamydia.”

Listen again and the safe taxi scheme are two great features of the app

Few students mentioned that the app allows them to utilise the Safe Taxi Scheme and provides numbers of all taxi services in the nearby area.

If a student forgets their student card and doesn’t have enough money to cover the taxi fare, they can show the app to the driver and the University will pay for the journey-until you pay them back within an agreed time-frame.

Not the most enthusiastic response from the Stirling students. Download the app and make up your own mind.