Cheaters are prospering less and less, according to Stirling uni

You’re only cheating yourself. And you know it.

cheating Exams plagiarism stirling Stirling Uni

Whether it’s by writing in code on your arms, having a cheat sheet or by abusing the wrapper on your water bottle, you may want to think twice about cheating in your exams.

Yes, we’ve all heard it before, but apparently Stirling-goers are cheating less and less. Is that the case? Or have they just found a new, improved means of acing their exams?

In 2008 there were 235 unlucky students caught out, but over the years this number has been decreasing, leaving us with last year’s results of 112 cases of dishonest dealings.

But of the 112 cases of cheating, there were only 6 cases of “Use of unfair means in examinations”, leaving the other 106 to have fallen into the Plagiarism Trap. We feel you.

The majority of the punishments were warnings or grade reductions, but one unlucky fellow wasn’t allowed to complete their Masters. Ouch.

Exams are stressful enough without feeling the wrath of Turnitin

Stirling University released a statement saying: “The University has an academic misconduct policy which provides full details of definitions, procedures and penalties in relation to plagiarism and use of unfair means in examinations and class tests.

Support on these topics is also available to our students through the University and the Students’ Union. For example, ‘The Little Book of Plagiarism’ and ‘The Little Book of Academic Misconduct’ have been produced to help students understand what plagiarism and academic misconduct are and how to avoid them”

A standard cheat sheet.

So unless you want to end up not finishing your degree, either revise hard or have a really good cheat sheet.

No. Always revise.

Because cheating is wrong.