The Tab cooks… A meal for the price of a pint

£2.50 for an exciting taste experience

| UPDATED cheap student meal meal for £2.50 sausage lasange student cooking

Being strapped for cash and physically sick of Super Noodles is a terrifying situation to be in. Trying to think of something to make for dinner on a budget – that won’t make you gag – can be a hard task.

Never fear! Here at The Tab, we are endlessly committed to guaranteeing you the best quality of life possible (see small print for full details). In the first of a series of exciting dishes that won’t cost you more than a £2.50 Carlsberg at the union, I present to you…

Sausage Lasagne! 

Ingredients (bought from Sainsbury’s):

• Basics Sausages – 80p 
  • Egg Lasagne Sheets – 46p
  • Basics Pasta Sauce – 50p
  • Basics Soft Cheese – 73p

Only £2.49!

Step 1.

Cook your 51% pork sausages any way you desire. Cooking with a friend? Each cook them a different way, for a proper good laugh.

Step 2.

Cut your sausages up into bite-size chunks. Add the ominously vague jar of pasta sauce to the mix.

Step 3.

Fill the bottom of an oven proof dish with the mouthwatering mix. Spread evenly to make every bite count.

Step 4.

Smear the top of the mix with half of your tub of soft cheese. Despite looking like shit, this vital ingredient will really bring that wow factor to your meal.

Step 5.

Place the lasagne sheets onto the mix with both love and care. Repeat steps 2-5 again to create your second layer in this impressively vertical meal.

Step 6.

Place in the oven at 200, for around half an hour.

Step 7.

WAIT! HOW DOES THE TOP LAYER OF THE LASAGNE COOK?! Won’t it just burn to a rock solid crisp if it’s just put in the oven dry? Too late, you’ve fucked it.

Step 8.

Remove from the oven and serve with a smile!

This truly inspiring dish should brighten up meal time for weeks to come. Stay tuned to The Tab for more nuggets of cookery wisdom!