Love of Stirling more than skin deep

It’s the William Wallace Monument as you’ve never seen it before…

Will and his own monument

Stirling Uni politics student Will Saunders decided, after living in Stirling for a year, that the best way of remembering his love of the city forever would be to tattoo a reminder of it to his leg.

Stirling-aholic Will told The Tab that “no other places have influenced or shaped me as a person as much as my year in Stirling.”

Tattooing the William Wallace monument came as an easy decision for Saunders and being a “terrible artist” he let Ross from Top Mark Tattoo come up with the design: ‘Stirling’ in a simple font above the remarkably accurate drawing of the monument.

Top Mark Tattoo did a good job recreating the likeness

Luckily for Will the tattoo has gone down well with people. “The vast majority have been positive,” he says, “though I’m sure plenty of people have had negative thoughts but kept them to themselves.”

Although some suspect he will regret it in years to come, Will disagrees. “If, by the age of 50, 60, 70, 80 or whatever age I’m lucky enough to live to, a few drawings on my skin are on the top of my list of regrets and worries, I think I’ll have lived a pretty good life.”

What do you think about Will’s tattoo? What other funky tattoos have you seen lately? Tell us what you think in the comments below!