Stirling ranked among top sporty universities

Stirling’s sport rubs shoulders with the very best

sport stirling stirling university swimming tennis trampolining

Crazy about sport? Then Stirling is just the place for you! A study has found that Stirling University is within the top 12 sporty universities of the UK. Voted by students, Stirling was ranked with the likes of Loughborough and Bath University for sportiness. Voting students believed that sport was a huge part of university life at Stirling. Whether it is part of your degree, or just some extracurricular activities, students at Stirling are lapping the sport up!

Stirling

Stirling is home to the National Swimming Academy

Stirling University is Scotland’s university for sporting excellence and was ranked first in Scotland for sports facilities and services (The Complete University Guide, 2012). It currently has over 40 different sports clubs ranging from mountaineering to golf. There’s even kayaking on the university’s own Loch! “For being a uni in such a small city it offers an amazing range of services,” says Tommaso Aglietti, a member of the trampolining club. “The union has been of great help in giving the club financial aid to buy new equipment.” The survey, conducted on behalf of Which?, interviewed 8,053 undergraduate students across the UK to find the top Sporty universities. Which? conducts surveys as well as gathering statistics from many sources such as UCAS and the National Student Survey. Jenny Allen, from Which? University says with high tuition fees “it’s never been more important for prospective students to weigh up all the options”.

The courts at Stirling collectively comprise the Scottish Tennis Centre