Hangover breakfast: Drouthy Neebors

We’re sending Alison Gilchrist around Stirling to find the best place to get a breakfast when you wake up feeling sorry for yourself. This week, she tries Drouthy Neebors.

hangover breakfast

Drouthy Neebors, Baker Street, surprised me.

I foolishly presumed that eating breakfast in a pub hung-over would prompt me to relapse into some hair of the dog or praying to the porcelain god! How I was wrong.

Walking in, I was greeted by a very friendly waitress and seated, by request, in the bright area of the restaurant. Dark, sultry corners were available.

The ultimate soundtrack to accompany my breakfast drifted through the speakers – Drouthy’s always has an interesting mix. Bon Iver, Arcade Fire, and the Rolling Stones soothed and relaxing my aching head. Be warned, though, The Tab once heard them play Fairytale of New York in June – surely a capital offence.

Drouthy Neebors used to offer a breakfast where you picked eight items from a list of 12 breakfast classics for little over £3. This was abandoned last year as part of an effort to better fit in with other Belhaven-owned pubs.

Drouthy’s big traditional Scottish breakfast: £6

I decided to try Drouthy’s traditional Scottish breakfast. The mountain of food that arrived was sure to either cure or kill me. Two fried eggs, two rashers of bacon, haggis, lorne sausage, black pudding, grilled tomato, mushrooms, baked beans and a potato scone! All served with toast, butter and marmalade! The breakfast was great value for money coming in at £6 with unlimited coffee or tea.

Unlimited tea or coffee included in the price

I finished the huge plate cured of my crushing hangover. If you’re after something less stodgy try their light breakfast menu. They serve up porridge, toast and scrambled eggs, and baked beans on toast for under £2 – bargain!

I left very stuffed, but content.

If you’re planning on coming to Drouthy Neebors, bear in mind that breakfast is only served before noon, sadly.

Click here for our previous hangover breakfast reviews!

Woman vs Food: Food wins