Here are the ways that St Andrews is coming together to help tackle Covid-19

Town and gown alike are coming together to tackle Coronavirus

coronavirus covid-19 st Andrews

St Andrews’ local community has founded ‘Community Aid St Andrews (CASA)’ to support those in need during the Coronavirus pandemic.

Committed to supporting one another and, in particular, vulnerable members of the community to cope with the challenges posed by COVID-19, the group functions by connecting various individuals together.

People can ask for help and find people with the particular skills to offer this support; contribute their services to the wider community, keep up-to-date with what is going on around town and be made aware of safety precautions and latest news.

Administers of the group also strive to monitor community projects to ensure these comply with health regulations and that support is provided safely without the risk of transmission.

So far, the group has carried out a range of community projects around town such as donating gifts to doctors, nurses and other medical professionals in town.

CASA has also tried to support local companies by compiling a list of small businesses that are offering delivery services across town during the health crisis. From local, family-owned bakery Fisher and Donaldson to local farm produce and meat provider Balgove Lader, there are a variety of contact-free delivery options promote health and safety while also supporting local businesses during this time of economic upheaval.

You can join and keep up to date with local discussions and current projects via the Facebook group. To request support or volunteer your services, check out CASA’s website which is updated with latest news and information.