Image may contain: Shirt, T-Shirt, Home Decor, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

The Tab St Andrews is looking for writers and we want YOU

Read for a chance to write for the biggest student news site in the UK

The Tab St Andrews is looking for new writers. Whether you're first or fourth year, this is the perfect time to get involved.

We're looking for event lovers, newshounds and anyone who wants to get to grips with St Andrews student writing.

Read below to get an idea of what The Tab is about and how you can join the biggest team of student writers from across the UK.

What is The Tab?

The Tab is a student news site with over six million monthly readers. As a student writer, your stories will be shared on The St Andrews Tab Facebook page, to a readership of 5,000 St Andrews students– the best are shared across all of our pages, and can reach readers all over the country.

We break the biggest stories on campus. Last year, The St Andrews Tab led investigations into secret societies, sexual assault and broke the news about cancelled events.

Hundreds of stories published originally on The Tab have made national news, we exposed the Warwick boys who made rape jokes in their group chat, the Coventry dodgeball team who wore anti-semetic slogans on their white t-shirt social, and the Cambridge student who set fire to a £20 note in front of a homeless man.

Why should I write for The Tab and not somewhere else?

Writing for The Tab St Andrews, your stories will reach thousands of student readers, and while your stories won’t be printed, you’ll get a much better understanding of how modern news media actually works.

The team works with an Assistant Editor based at Tab HQ in London. They provide training in the basics of reporting, and quality advice on how to make your writing stand out you won’t get anywhere else.

Tab alumni frequently go on to work for famous publications all over the world, including VICE, The Times, and Vogue. Just this year, former Tab student writers started jobs at The Telegraph, The Sun, and Cosmopolitan.

How can I get involved?

Come along to our Facebook Event here!

Or message our Facebook page to get involved….

See you soon.