How to dine out cheaply in St Andrews

I love restaurant food but my overdraft does not

Let's be honest, eating out will never be cheaper (especially in somewhere like St Andrews) but sometimes you just want to treat yourself – here's how to do it on a budget.

Pizza Express

By checking this page here you can get a ton of offers for Pizza Express – at the time of writing, current offers include two courses for £9.95 and three courses for £12.95.

Mammacita

There are two different offers available throughout the week to choose from at Mammacita. These are Taco Tuesday (6 tacos for £8) and Fajita Thursday (fajitas for £8).

Plus, if you go on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday you can also get £3.50 margaritas – they even have slushie ones.

Mozza

If you visit Mozza before 5pm, every single one of their Neapolitan pizzas is only £5 as part of the £5 before 5pm deal.

Image may contain: Restaurant, Cafe, Shop

Zizzi

By using UNiDAYS you can get a huge 40 per cent off of your food bill on Mondays and Tuesdays. Simply sign up here and show your code when paying the bill.

Deliveroo

Not technically eating out but if you just can't be bothered to cook you can get £4 off your first Deliveroo order with a UNiDAYS code. You can choose from restaurants such as Nandos, Tailend and Blackhorn.

The Vic

There is a regular offer at The Vic where you can get 2-for-1 on burgers and hotdogs. To find out when it's on, follow their Facebook page here.

Image may contain: Meal, Food, Eating, Person, People, Human

Pancakes are the loves of my life

The Rule

Deals are offered throughout the week with two meals for £10 (when choosing from a set selection on the menu) on all weekdays. You can also attend their "Pizza Thursdays" event and get 2-for-1 on pizzas.

Rector's Cafe/Old Union Coffee Shop

The Union cafe's are a great place to enjoy cheap hot drinks, and, if you pick up one of their loyalty cards, every ninth drink will be free.

Image may contain: Teapot, Pottery, Pot