There’s a new bar in St. Andrews where they make their own gin!

You get some gin, you get some gin, everybody gets some gin

Apologies for being a little late to the game on this one, but just on the off chance people hadn't noticed, Drouthy Neebors has been refurbished, and is now home to the restaurant, bar and small distillery, Rogue.

The restaurant was opened about two weeks ago, and is run by the same company as Porter and Rye (an award winning restaurant with a similar premise) in Glasgow. The gin itself is distilled by 29 year old Fraser Barrett, and like I said you can actually see him working away behind you as you eat.

It's the first venture by restaurant group Kained, who are partnering with Greene King as a joint business venture.

The gin that's actually produced is called Felons gin, and as well as being produced and available at Rogue, is going nationwide and is available at all Kained Restaurants and 50 Greene King venues (the country's largest chain of pubs, so not too shabby really).

Food- wise, the vegetarian selection wasn't large, although that's relatively unsurprising given it's primarily a steak house, but despite this there's a good range of food, blending both the elements of steak and fish from the other Kained restaurants into one, sourcing local seafood and prime steak, as well as providing brunch at the weekends and a well stocked lunch menu (including the best macaroni cheese The Tab has ever tasted).

Some items on the menu weren't necessarily student budget friendly, however the restaurant itself is set to rival some of the more luxurious restaurants in town for quality of food and atmosphere, as well as impeccable service.

That being said, students in St. Andrews are not necessarily known for being the most frugal, and there are some very reasonably priced options on both the lunch and dinner menu, the cocktails too were well priced, starting from around £5.60, not too bad considering other prices in town. This in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if soon enough Rogue became a popular choice for launch parties and events alike in the near future, with it's brand new bar and private dining room, it could soon become a firm favourite for St. Andrews students.

This new and exciting venture into the world of St. Andrews will hopefully prove fruitful, and it appears to be in no doubt that Rogue will become a staple of the St. Andrews food scene for a long time to come.

(photo: Rogue St. Andrews)