St. Andrew’s ranked third in Sunday Times University Guide

Edinburgh, you ok hun?

If all the University ranking stories we’ve been writing recently are starting to bore you, then we wholeheartedly apologise, but I’m afraid there’s very little we can do about how much we’re excelling at the moment.

St. Andrews has been ranked third in the Sunday Times university league table, right behind Oxford and Cambridge, stealing this prime position from Imperial College London who have dropped two positions since last year.

PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR FOR OUR HIGH GRADUATE PROSPECTS

The guide was compiled by the usual indicators of research quality, student satisfaction and graduate prospects. Unsurprisingly, and thankfully for those graduating this year, our graduate prospects were high, sitting at 83.3 percent, ranked exactly the same as Durham in this area.

We weren’t, however, the only Scottish university to excel in this table, with the University of Dundee coming out in 28th place, up nine places from last year, and Glasgow coming just below in 29th place.

Many commiserations to Edinburgh, for all your charm you’re just not quite up to our standards, dropping a whopping fifteen places since 2016. Don’t worry about it too much though, I’m sure you’ll catch up one day.

In all fairness, Edinburgh’s graduate prospects are at 73 percent, and despite 90.4 percent of St. Andrews students receiving Firsts or 2:1’s at graduation, Edinburgh aren’t far behind with 84.5 percent of students getting the top grades.

Never mind Edinburgh, at least your rent is lower than ours.